Let’s talk about lipgloss for a second. I’m pretty sure this product is a lot of people’s first step into the beauty world. Why though ? When I was a teen, and I could not stress this enough, things have definitely changed for the best… But back then, wasn’t it the most useless product ever ? My hair would get stuck in it, the product itself would disapear after a few minutes, it almost always was kind of transparent, pink-ish or glittery. A confusing item if you ask me, and until NYX brought out the Butter Gloss, which are really pigmented, buttery and smell incredibly nice, I had never tried a lipgloss I was even remotely keen on. But like I said, things have definitely changed. And the lipgloss which have won my heart, is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector.
This thing amazes me. I have to say first, I bloody love Clarins. I have never really tried anything from the brand I did not like. No exception with the Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector. I love it because…
- It smoothes the lips and make them plumper without actually being one of those lip plumpers that tingles
- It coats the lips in a creamy but not sticky, balmy layer
- The colors are lovely
- There’s a subtle yet definitive smell of vanilla but in a nice not too overpowering way
- The application could not be easier. It has this doe-foot applicator where product comes out, which allows you to distribute the product evenly AND to smoothe the lips thanks to the texture of the applicator
- You don’t have to have a mirror to apply it, honestly, slap it on, bam, instant glow !
My favorite is n°7 which is a mauvy-nude. It may sound horrendous but it’s actually the best color for me to pretend like I naturally have full, juicy lips. It’s quite close to my natural lip color, so it simply enhances them beautifully and adds definition. I also love the n°5, which is the perfect pink. And as you can see in the picture, after finishing the n°5 – I mean, that’s how much I love it, I’ve finished an entire tube -, I got the shade n°3, called nude shimmer. Extremely subte shimmers though, packed in a lovely pale peach balm.
A hint of color, gorgeous full lips, and a divine smell : I specifically remember one day this winter, walking down the streets, feeling cold and wishing for spring… I applied Clarins Lip Perfector, a whiff of the very distinct smell warmed me up, and I just felt more put together, though I had not really done much. Here you go, that’s what it does.